Fill the frame game
Play this game with children so that they practise:
- subitising small numbers
- using mathematical language – how many more?
- seeing 5 as a benchmark number
Fill the frame to 5
You need two-sided beans and a 5-frame for each player.
Each player takes a turn to:
- Put 3 beans in their cup.
- Shake and spill the beans.
- Put the red beans on the 5-frame and say “I have ….. red beans. I need …..more to make 5”.
Keep playing until someone has 5 red beans.
Note: at the beginning of each turn a player checks they have 3 beans in their cup.
Download the Challenge Card here.