1. Make the number
For 3 – 5 players
Small objects such as pennies, buttons or counters.
One player is the leader and has the ten frame cards in a pile, face down.
Other players have a blank ten frame and ten small objects each.
The leader turns over the top card for a few seconds and then turns it back again.
Other players make the pattern they saw with objects on their ten frame.
The leader turns over the card again to check the patterns. Players who were correct score one point.
Play until all cards have been turned over, or one player reaches 10 points.
The winner is the player with most points.
- Make the number on your ten frame one more than the number on the card.
- Make the number on your ten frame two more than the number on the card.
- Make the number on your ten frame one less than the number on the card.
- Make the number on your ten frame two less than the number on the card.
2. Who has more?
For 2 players
A set of Digit Dog ten frames for each player, in a pile face down.
On the count of 3, players turn over their top card. The player with more dogs wins the two cards and says “I have …….dogs. I have more dogs than you”. The other player says “I have ……. dogs. I have fewer dogs than you”.
The game ends when all cards have been turned over. The winner is the player with more cards.
- The player with the fewer dogs wins the cards.
- Say how many more and how many fewer dogs there are.